Am I willing to sacrifice for "the kid with the story no one would believe"?



This song has been really tugging at my heart lately. I hear it on the radio all the time, but if I stop and meditate on these words...

"He cries in the corner where nobody sees,
he's the kid with the story no one would believe
he prays every night, "Dear God won't you please,
could you send someone here who will love me?
who will love me for me?
not for what I have done or what I will become?
who will love me for me?
cause nobody has shown me what love, what really means" JJ Heller

this is not just a song, but a call to action. What will I do to respond?

For some reason I feel like this song is a constant challenge to me. Am I willing to sacrifice some of my comforts to satisfy a child's desperate desire for love? To give a child an opportunity that they may not receive else where? An opportunity to grow up in a home that will teach them about the God that loves them so much He took it to the cross. Am I willing to let the want for nice cars go? pretty clothes? a clean house? sleep? social workers evaluating our families every move? our lives under a microscope? Am I willing to give it all to God and truly surrender? To surrender it all for His will? To be a Mary and respond as she did. "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Luke 1:38. I know I want to be the person who would say yes to all these questions, but I know I am not.

As Dave and I continue to pursue the adoption process, once again, I am in continuous prayer that the Lord will break my heart for what breaks His. I need a constant reminder that we are doing the right thing and in God's will. I think that God has placed this song on my heart for that very purpose.

2 comments

  1. What an amazing post. I truly thank the LOrd for individuals like you and Dave. It is such a hard world we live in and as Christians it is a daily and sometimes minute by minute prayer to our Lord asking how? How do you Lord, what me to respond, act, think. I sometimes think i miss the great blessings the Lord has for me because i get caught up in the day to day and miss the calling He may have for me. It may be as little as saying hello, taking a few extra minutes with my grandma, to going across the world to spread HIs world. No matter the calling, He has one for each of us, that is equally important. God Bless you on this journey and may you continue to seek His calling along the way. :) Segoria's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim thank you so much for you wonderful comment. I love your insight!You are so right, I think we miss out on God's greatest blessings because we don't respond the way he wants us to or when. This is so true in my life. And yes we each have gifts and callings in our lives that are all called to do. None more important the other, but we all need each other to work as a body. I know I am always encouraged and inspired by people that are in God's will. It would be so great to catch up with you in person. :)

    ReplyDelete