A week with a teenager

So I have had so many things to post and no time to do it!! So I just wanted to share that we have Alaura moved in to her new room and the kids are now sharing a room. I could post on how the transition has been with Kyler and Charlie alone, but I can't right now. Thiw week I feel like Dave and I have lived lifetimes!!! And it is only Wednesday!! But it is undeniable that God is at work. God has revealed so many things to me that I really don't like about myself and areas that I really need to work on. On the other hand, God has done amazing work in Dave!! I am in awe and amazed at how well Dave has been with having a teenage daughter! He has been clear, concise, stern and loving. I just can't believe how well Dave has taken to his new role of dad to a teenage girl. Alaura really adores him and it is so obvious that she will grow to be a total daddy's girl! It is my true honor to have him as the leader of our home!

We are all adjusting to this new life and it is going to take a lot of prayer and love to make it all work. But most of all, we are just seeking God in all of it!! Our top priority right now is building her up and showing her that their is a life of ultimate joy with Christ! That hope can exist and that she can love without fear. Our big obstacle is revealing her worth to her. That God and our family love her, that we are not going to leave and that this is not just temporary. It breaks my heart that this is even an issue. Unfortunately, with Thanksgiving here many people are on vacation so we haven't been able to fill out paperwork. If it doesn't get done by today, we will have to return her on Sunday to go back to school. We are praying that this doesn't have to happen. Alaura is so worried about going back to her foster home. She actually has a great foster mom, but her desire to be a part of a family is great!! We have seen so much progress in this short week and we really don't want to take steps back. But if she has to go back, Dave and I will continue to fight to get her back as soon as possible. We just take one battle at a time!!

I really want to apologize to my friends and family if I have hurt you by not returning calls or emails. You are in my heart and mind, but I have to make sure my time is at home right now. I love you and covet your prayers. I want to wish you all a beautiful Thanksgiving!! Our God is mighty and we have so much to be thankful for! I look forward to catching up with all of you soon. I know you all have so much going on in your lives and I want to know all about it too!

Here is a picture she took of herself. It is a big step because she is showing teeth. :) She doesn't like to smile showing her teeth. Baby steps. Check out those dimples!

5 comments

  1. Ashlynn, she is absolutely beautiful. She will be the most precious addition to your already blessed family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and welcome to the world of teenagers!!

    It is an awesome ride!! You will cherish it!!

    Really, teens are pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. she looks like you all too....beautiful...Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both are amazing! There are many if us praying and supporting you! She is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She has the best mom!! she is soo lucky to be in your family!! I can't wait to see how your family continues to grow! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete