Adoption...moving forward!

The day I drove Alaura to meet her new foster mom, I actually spoke to our previous adoption facilitator, Sarah from the Adoption Center of San Diego. That day I was so numb and filled with anxiety because I knew we were about to lose Alaura. However, speaking with Sarah, left me with so much peace and an element of excitement in the back of my mind. I told Dave it felt as if God gave me a little nugget to hold onto that day, to help alleviate the pain that was involved in it.

From that phone call on, Dave and I prayed about where God wanted us to move. We still knew we were going to adopt again, but we didn't necessarily believe it was through the foster-care system. We have been disheartened and have desperately missing the process of independent adoption. So a month has come and gone and we have continued to pray. Waiting to see where God directs us.

As Dave and I have prayed, I have reflected on some of my old posts about 100% trusting that God will provide. I continue to be amazed that we have been able to do one adoption, and then a 2nd and now to even be thinking about a 3rd!! I am just in awe! But as much as I didn't think it was possible to do a 3rd independent adoption, I just had to ask, "Lord do I trust you with everything?". My answer has to be yes!If I trust Him with my salvation, I have to trust Him with all of the details too. It brings me to the verse, "Everything in the heavens and earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as being in control of everything. Riches and honor come from you alone, and you are the Ruler of all mankind; your hand controls power and might and it is at your discretion that men are made great and given strength" -1 Chronicles 29-11-12

To be truthful, Dave and I have known for a few weeks that we were pursuing independent adoption again, but we just had to figure out how God wanted us to address obstacles that we had not been preparing for. However, we remain licensed foster/adoption home. For the last year, we have been dedicated to adoption through foster-care. But today, as we stepped out in faith, God showed up big time!! I literally was jumping in the living room thanking God! It is amazing to pray and just wait for God to answer back. We still have along way to go, but we know God will continue to provide.

Our paperwork is finished, our Dear Birthmother letter is written and our first check written. We are back in the game and now we wait to be chosen again by a woman who desires to place her baby for adoption. It could be today, it could be next year. But in all of it, we know God already knows! We couldn't be more excited!

5 comments

  1. I just love your heart Ashlynn and David's too.......God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you guys and I know the Lord has another amazing child for you to love on and raise!! You both do so much good you deserve the best back tenfold!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you. I think Brent and I are in a similar position to you - considering a THIRD independent adoption while seeing a number of challenges to going that route again. We're in the praying stage right now, and I'll continue to pray for your family, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, let me know what you decide! I am figuring that many of your concerns are similar to ours. I remember before we started the first time, I couldn't even fathom how we were going to do it. Now I can't even imagine how we have come to our third. God is good. We still are trying to raise funds, but we know God will provide. I will be praying for your family as well!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I forgot to mention...so this post is a great reminder about trusting God in all things, with all the details. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete