Adoption is NOT just about a baby!



I decided to post this picture, with permission from "T" to show the other side of adoption. You will usually hear the side of the adoptive parents showing off a new child (which is great). But what one of my missions is, is showing the full picture of adoption. One of the beautiful things about our open adoptions is that I have a unique opportunity to share the story of the birthparents. Or maybe not their full story, but to give a glimpse that my kids have families and parents that love them so much, they laid down their lives so that their children may have more. 


As we have begun to fundraise for our 4th adoption, I want people reading to understand that it is about so much more than a baby. That supporting adoption is also supporting life, new beginnings and has eternal rewards. Yes a baby is a blessing and a gift, but what I have found is that the experience we have had with our birth families is just as precious. In this picture, I am actually in the room and had been with T for at least an hour before this picture was taken. In fact, I have been to 3 additional appointments since this picture and we have spent hours together. I have been able to gather information for both Kyler and Baby Austyn that I would never have if I would have been closed to off to uncomfortable moments, insecurities or pride.  You see, in all of this, its not about Dave and I. Its all about them and the kids. We just get the blessing...which just doesn't seem fair. Our thanks will never be adequate, but I trust that God's blessings will be far better!



If you are interested in supporting this ministry you may do so by prayer, most importantly, and or going to
http://www.gofundme.com/6cybns

















2 comments

  1. It's so awesome to see the "other" side of adoption. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has inspired me to write down some of my own thoughts. My husband and I adopted our youngest daughter when she was born. I was in the delivery room, cut the cord, and brought her home from the hospital! Since then, we have maintained a very close relationship with my daughters birth mother. People have a really hard time understanding why we do this. Quite frankly, I don't even know why we do! I'm just doing what feels right. There is no manual that tells us how to do this. I just pray that I am doing the right thing for our daughter and her birth mother.

    ReplyDelete