Happy 4th Birthday Kyler James

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.1 Samuel 1:27
 
Happy 4th Birthday Kyler James!!
 
Four years ago our precious miracle was born and we didn't even know it. I reminisce on this day with such overwhelming joy my heart could burst. We actually didn't learn about our little 4lb 2oz boy until the day after he was born. Dave and I often talk about the call that changed our world. Yes, one phone call!! We were drinking our coffee together and just about to leave for church when Sarah from the Adoption Center of San Diego called us to tell us we had been matched and that the biggest surprise of it all was that he was already here!!! I can remember that day with such clarity and pure joy.
 
Two weeks prior to this phone call, we had another phone call that actually ended a match with another birthmother and baby. With this match we had actually visited with the birthmother a few times, spent the day with her and even went to an ultrasound with her. But in our gut, something wasn't right. As much as everything seemed like it was going smoothly, that particular adoption fell through 4 years ago on Mother's Day. To say we were devastated was accurate. We had no idea if anyone would pick us again, if we would ever get matched again and just so grieved that we no longer had a baby. But during that time, God revealed to me how my heart wasn't right. I was so convicted in a particular area of my life that I understood why that baby wasn't for us. God used that time to show me areas I needed to work on, and guess what, 2 weeks later, Kyler was here!!!
 
We didn't actually ever meet Kyler  until about a week after he was born and got to take him home from the hospital. Many things went on that week while Kyler was in the NICU, but the entire week, we had such a peace knowing God had 100% control and that He was going to take care of the details.  But when we finally got to hold and see our precious blessing, nothing in the world mattered. I can whole heartedly tell you that whether I carried him, or another woman did, their was absolutely no difference in our eyes. WE have adored and loved our boy from that day forward.
 
 
We are beyond proud of our smart, sensitive playful little sweet boy! We are thankful for his birthparents who made the ultimate sacrifice on his behalf. My eyes will always tear up when I think of the love that they showed him, by allowing us to parent. We can't imagine our lives without him. In fact, I don't know what we did before he was ever born. Our lives are fuller and richer because of all of our children. I can say that Dave and I are more than blessed!
 
Here are just a couple of pictures from our 1st day with Kyler
 


 
 
 

3 comments

  1. Love this & happy birthday, little man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Kyler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there... I came across your blog while reading The Little O'Brien Family blog. I have been reading your posts while tears are flowing everywhere! My husband and I are praying about when to start the adoption process after struggling with infertility for about 3 years. Your blog has given me so much hope and excitement for what is ahead. Thank you for sharing your adoption stories and life on here. Very encouraging and uplifting :))) I will continue to follow :)


    http://thebirkelands.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete