Friendship Fridays!

Today I selected the Williams Family for my Friendship Fridays blog. I chose this picture because this family really touches my heart when I see them on Sundays. I went to high school with Heather and we really hadn't seen each other until recently. Like most we reconnected on Facebook. We had shared a few emails and phone conversations. Now what makes them so special to me, is that they are encouragement of how much God is working. I invited Heather to come to our church and check it out. Her daughter Katherine had been asking to go so she thought this would be a great opportunity. Heather didn't realize how much I had been praying and asked others to pray, that this would be a life changing experience. That they would know how much God loves them!

Well, Heather and her family visited the church and I wasn't sure what they were going to think or if they were ever going to come back. To my surprise, they started coming on Wednesday nights, Sundays and even started going to some extra encouraging studies. Not long ago I received one of the sweetest voicemails I have ever gotten, from Heather.

I have always felt unqualified to speak about God's love and about his faithfulness. After all, I am a pastor's kid who fell away for so long and did everything opposite of what God wanted of me. So when I see this beautiful family at church and learning the bible, I am encouraged! I just love how Heather and Duke are starting to build a family on Christ. They truly have blessed me!

Happy Friday!!
Heather, her husband Duke, Amanda, Katherine and Hunter

No comments

Post a Comment