HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY CHARLIE!

Today we are celebrating Charlie's 1st birthday!! Well our family and some of our friends are celebrating Charlie's 1st birthday Saturday, but today we got to celebrate her birthday with the ones who gave her a birthday. So while my kids are napping I thought I would share a little.

Today we had Charlie's birthmother, grandmother and grandfather over to celebrate Charlie turning one. I knew it would be a great meeting but I often have to pray so that my heart is aligned with Gods. The reason I have to share today is because I am rejoicing alone in my quiet house for how faithful God is!!! "L" was in such bright spirits, she smiled like I haven't seen her smile. They all loved and hugged on Charlie and played with her. What I love is that they equally love on Kyler. We all shared lunch and just chatted like we are close friends. The type of friends that is easy. No awkward conversations, just a mutual respect for one another and i can honestly say we genuinely enjoy each other.

I am still in awe of how much they blessed us and lets just say my house looks like Christmas arrived early. But the sweetest gifts of all is a card from "L's" kids wishing Charlie a happy birthday.

When everyone left "L" and I got to share our hearts for a brief moment. I am still at a loss of how I can share my admiration and love for her. So today all I could tell her is that I hope one day she sees what we see and what God sees in her. I love that God has put her in my life. I love that I have these pictures to share with my kids as they get older. My cup runneth over!!

So today my heart is rejoicing for the work that the Lord has done!! This relationship is not from the work of a human heart but the heart of our Lord. Yahweh, you alone are worthy of all our praise!!

"Sing to him; sing praise to him; tell of his wonderful acts..." 1Chronicles 16:9

No comments

Post a Comment